Reflection

It’s safe to say even though i have taken English courses throughout my entire life, i still can’t excel in it as much as I’d like to. I’ve always been terrible when it comes to writing papers especially if there are minimal instructions on what the professor would expecting from us. I would make me anxious making it even harder to for me to even start the paper. Coming into this course I had very little knowledge as far the different forms of writing and how to deliver them. I’ve learned that no matter how much I am writing if I am not able to carefully select my audience and provide my purpose in a manner they can intellectually figure out by themselves, then everything I wrote would be pointless. For a person like me who struggles in writing can always make what he/she wrote a lot better as they revise. One thing about revision is that it has no limit, so a paper can be reviewed and tailored to what the audience want to hear. I’ve also learned that a simple poster/banner or an advertisement is more than what it seems. The naked eye can only see the picture for what it is, but once we put some perspective in it, we can uncover the message that the creators/authors are trying to get across. Aside from writing, I’ve realized that creating an analysis on a specific topic or artifact not increases your writing skills but along the way you start to learn a lot about your subject. Even if you did not know that topic to begin with because you’ll later realize that you to be able to break down the topic for others it would mean you have to be very knowledgeable on the topic.